Wednesday, September 17, 2014

The Worth of a Soul

Hey guys. This week has gone by really fast, but at the same time very slow. I have missed you guys a lot this week! I miss seeing you all every day. It’s seriously all the same here and that is so crazy!! I got super sick this week by the way. This week was definitely the hardest. I am writing in my journal and flossing every night! The clothes we packed traveled great! I still have a suitcase fully packed. It’s hard being in a trio, but it’s nice to have 3 people’s opinions. One of my comps is from Cache Valley and the other from Indiana. They both got 34’s on the ACT—haha. There are 8 in our district. Our district leader just changed. It was Elder Bell and now it’s Elder Bush. I go proselyting again this Saturday! Oh, I let some missionary named Elder Jensen cut my hair! We committed our first pretend investigator to baptism!

Probably the best thing that happened this week was we listened to another prerecorded video of an apostle. The apostle who spoke was Elder Christofferson. He talked about the worth of souls. There are a couple of points that I found pretty interesting. The first one is what determines the worth of a soul. Elder Christofferson said that the worth of a soul is its capacity to become like God. Isn’t that what we are all trying to do? Satan is bent on destroying or slowing down the progression of souls. If he can get us to think that we aren’t worth anything, he has done his job. There is a quote from C.S. Lewis I really like, it says, “There are no ordinary people. You have never talked to a mere mortal." Within us all live possible gods and goddesses. I really like this because it dawned on me that the majority of people judge people strictly off their looks or living conditions. Just because other people have less than us doesn’t mean they deserve any less knowledge of who they really are. I could be the reason they decide to makes changes in their life. Elder Christofferson said when people feel the love of Christ through you; they will begin to feel the infinite worth of their souls. We need to get them to know themselves like God knows them.

I hope you all know and feel of my love for you guys. I pray that you guys will be safe and be successful every day! I’ve been able to pray in Spanish for the last couple weeks or so and it’s honestly my favorite thing to do. I have received so many answers to things I have prayed and fasted about already! It’s super fun to hear about all your experiences and adventures. I wish I was there for them but I know that this is what I need to do. I love you all soooooooo much. I will talk to you guys again soon! Only 3 more weeks here! Wooohooo!....then I will have a little more freedom and can send pictures! Thanks for all you guys have done and still do for me.

Love,


Elder Durante

No comments:

Post a Comment