Monday, July 13, 2015

Count Your Many Blessings!

After I wrote you guys on Pday we went and played basketball at the church and made pancakes. Playing basketball was fun. I beat everyone that had played basketball in high school and it was kind of funny to see. On Tuesday we had five lessons. We were teaching Wendy and then Hector her uncle came in and he was drunk. I think that was the first time he had drunk since I gave him that blessing a couple of weeks ago. It was seriously so sad, my heart just sunk. It just goes to show that everyone has their agency. We also visited with the elders quorum president. It went well. We're finding people to teach but just trying to figure out how to get them to progress.

My tie drawer

On Wednesday we pretty much did nothing. We just contacted a lot. Thursday I did divisions in San Juan with Elder Chino, he's from Bolivia. We had a chance to give a blessing to a baby named Tiago. He's not doing too well. They were worried about him dying. I got to give him the blessing and right after the blessing I felt the spirit really, really strong and I started to cry. I kind of felt like an idiot because I haven't cried like that in a while. It was weird to think that he just recently left the presence of God. He is 12 days old. He was having a hard time breathing and was having problems in the hospital. I gave him a blessing and felt really good about it. It was cool.

Saturday we had five lessons, five contacts and two new investigators. Hopefully we have a lot of people in church. Gladys is doing awesome with her son Junior, daughter Angela and husband Javier. There's also a new girl named Carol who we should be baptizing soon.

We had Ward Conference and our attendance was a little higher than normal which was good. We ended the week with 23 lessons, 100 contacts, and 9 new investigators!! By the way, I forgot to mention that I have been showering with pitchers of hot water because our shower has not been working for a while. Hector has been really depressed so I had to talk him out of it. Life is great! Talk to you guys later.

No comments:

Post a Comment