Monday, July 27, 2015

Werewolves

Monday, after I wrote you guys, we went and played soccer and kickball in that one field for our Pday activity. On Tuesday we had our district meeting. I feel that everyone benefited from that so that was cool.



Here is part of Hermana Devere Morris’ email home. This is her first area. This gives a better understanding of how life is here.

Hermana Natalie Sinks and I decided that Cerro de Pasco is District 12 from the Hunger Games.
Lima is the Capital.
Trujillo is the fishing district.
Cerro has a mine.
All the men work in the mine.
It is cold and ugly.
We don’t have water sometimes.
Also power—that goes out too.
The government officials ignore Cerro because we are far from everything.
No one actually wants to live here and we’re all poor…

Those are some reasons why Cerro is District 12.

I don't remember if I mentioned this before but I taught our district and zone the game "werewolf". I made some cards and everybody loves it. I first taught it in Huancayo but whenever we get together as a district or zone now, we play it for like an hour and a half.


I got this weird fungus-like rash thing on my feet. I think it's the cold/dry skin/cracking blood, I don't know. Elder Richmond gave me some cream stuff to put on it and started burning and turned red. It really hurt but it cleared up in the next day or two so maybe that fixed it.

Not much happened on Wednesday. We found out that Elder Chino's girlfriend died in Bolivia. That was really sad. He met with President to talk and so I hope everything goes well for him.

Thursday I was in Carhuamayo for divisions with Elder Segovia. Carhuamayo is just like Pampas; actually it may be a little worse. Their bedroom is kind of crazy and their bathroom is WAY outside. Other than that it's pretty nice. Elder Segovia goes home on the next transfer.

Carhuamayo
Elder Cook

I got back in my area on Friday and Saturday, we taught six lessons, got a new investigator and six new contacts. I'm not feeling very well. I have a head cold or something. My head hurts, my nose is stuffed up, and my body is weak. I'll drink a lot of water, get some rest and I'm sure I'll be feeling better soon.

Sunday our ward attendance went up a little bit but we had no investigators come to church. I don't know what I'm doing wrong sometimes. I'm doing everything I can. I feel like I was sent to this area to prepare for other missionaries to baptize; but that's what the Lord needed.

Well, I love you guys and I'm really grateful to have you as a family. Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment