Monday, October 26, 2015

New Blood!

Monday, after I wrote you guys, Elder Bell and I just chilled in the room and slept for a little bit. Later we went and played basketball. After playing, when I picked up my phone, I noticed that I had a missed call from President Henderson. So I called him back and this is what he said to me, "Hey Elder Durante, I would like you to train another missionary." Of course I said yes. Tuesday I arrived in Huancayo and there were sooo many white people in this group that just came in. We had pizza from Pizza Hut, which was really good, and it was fun seeing everybody.


Wednesday we had a training in the morning for the trainers and we found out who we are going to be training. I am training Elder Gonzalez. He is 21 years old and from Denver, Colorado. His dad is from Mexico and his mom is from Seattle, Washington. We got back to our area on Thursday and then had a full day of work. We are working hard and had really good success. I was wiped out at the end of the day. I was super tired but we are killing it.



Friday we had another full day of work. That night we played some volleyball and had a good time. I received some pretty sad news. Hermana Avila received a phone call from President Henderson saying that her grandma died. Her grandma basically raised her and so she was devastated. I hope she gets to feeling better soon. Saturday we had a service project for the Espinoza family again. We made this oven/grill for them made out of brick and mud. It turned out really well. They are so happy, they really have been wanting one and it was great to be able to help them. Afterwards we had another full day of work. Sunday was stake conference in La Merced. All the missionaries from Satipo and everywhere came. We had a good time but we did not have any investigators there, which kind of sucked.

So last Pday I was looking at some schools online because President Henderson gave us permission to do that; and I don't know why but I never ever have thought or felt that I should go to BYU, but as I was looking at and thinking about it, I feel so super, super calm about going to BYU in Provo. So if I can get in, I really feel that is the next step I need to take—I don't know why. Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment