Monday, November 24, 2014

Progress in Pampas!

Hola!! Well my first transfer/change is over. I have a new dad!!! That’s what they call your trainers here. His name is Elder Arnez and he is from Santa Cruz, Bolivia. He has been out 6 months longer than me and he doesn’t speak a lick of English. Haha. Elder Torres and Elder Rasmussen left, so elder Fitzgerald also has a new companion; his name is Elder Rojas and he is from Santa Cruz as well. I have a lot to write about and the computers are extra slow today so I can’t send pictures (I don’t think). Sorry.


First of all I received packages from everyone!!! Thanks sooooooo much I loved it. I thought I had developed patience until I saw those Swedish fish and then devoured them. Haha. I am playing with all my fun stuff. Thank you guys so much.

Last Pday we hiked to a waterfall and it was crazy pretty! It was in a place outside of Huancayo called Miraflores.





Alright guys I have a little bit of a surprise......I had my first baptism this last Saturday! Her name is Albina Diaz Huaman. She has been meeting with the missionaries for the last 8 years and she has finally gotten baptized. Her son was able to be baptized the same day but the companion of Elder Fitzgerald baptized him. I taught them some but they were primarily the investigators of Elder Fitzgerald and Elder Rasmussen. She asked me if I could baptize her, especially because Elder Fitzgerald had to conduct. The service was crazy. The branch president left the morning of the service without doing a single thing, so Elder Fitzgerald and I had to plan it all. It all worked out but it was hard. I baptized her in this nasty community pool place. The original place was totally full so we had to go to a different place for the baptism—it was an actual pool, kind of like a rec center, just Peruvian style and nasty. Seriously it was nasty! Afterwards, I was like all itchy and I had to go back to our place and shower. Elder Fitzgerald had to conduct the whole service so he wasn’t able to baptize anyone. The place is so disorganized here, it’s crazy.


Next week I am going to Lima for my immigrations, I think. I don’t believe that I will be able to write. I am going to try, but if you guys don’t get anything from me that is why. I will have lots of fun stuff to write about though when I get back. It will all work out I am sure. Oh, I have to go. Thanks for everything. I hope I can write next week but if I can’t just know that I love you guys!!! I can’t wait to hear from you guys again.

No comments:

Post a Comment