Monday, December 8, 2014

I'm a Legal Immigrant!

Hey guys! Well, I was in Lima last week to get my immigration papers taken care of and everything went well but migrations took a long time. No one from my group went to Lima with me. I met up with the new kids just out of the CCM who were going to Huancayo. One of the kids that was with me stayed in the same room that I did in the camp. It was funny because when I saw him he was like, “uhh....Elder Durante, don’t think I am weird or anything but I slept in the same bed as you in the CCM.” Haha. He saw my name that I wrote there; I also hid a spoon in the district room where we learned Spanish and they all said that it is still there!! I stayed in a hotel in Lima and while in Lima, there were so many white people trying to talk to me in English and I just kind of froze. It is hard for me to speak in English now, I felt handicapped! Haha.




I am in Huancayo this week for a zone Pday. Nothing new happened this week. Yesterday was fast and testimony meeting and it was good! I shared my testimony and it all went well. Today we are going to this like forest thing I think. I have no idea what it is but it should be good.



I hope you got pictures of the baptism from Elder Rojas. He said he would send them to you guys. We are teaching some people that are serious Catholics right now and they accepted a baptismal date for the 13th of December. They are going to have to work really hard to get to that date. I don’t think they will be ready by then because they don’t want to attend church (kind of an important part if they want to be baptized) but we are doing everything that we can. We are also teaching a guy named Alejandro C. He has a big problem with the palabra de sabiduria (word of wisdom). President Henderson said that our job here in Pampas is to reactivate and support the branch president, not so much baptism. The branch president has been here for 6 years and is about as frustrated as I am.




This week I also tried to teach my Latin companion how to pray in English. He seriously struggles so hard with it. Elder Arnez is the only member in his family and he has been a member for 2 years. It’s hard to help him but we are going to continue to work. I am so happy that I am getting the chance to write you guys right now. I am so lucky to have a family that is as spiritual and awesome as you guys. Tell the kids to keep working hard and they will be rewarded. Ok, I'm going to go shine my shoes or go to the bathroom, cause that's all I seem to do here in Pampas "Gucci". I love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment