Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Pachamanca for Christmas!

Hey guys!! Things are going good. I am glad you guys had a good Christmas. Things weren’t too bad here I guess. After I skyped you guys, I went back to Pampas with Elder Fitzgerald. That night we didn’t do anything....everyone else stayed in Huancayo and went and sang in the plaza in Huancayo and watched fireworks. Elder Fitzgerald had an appointment that next day so we went back. I read all of your letters you sent me in my package and they were the best. Seriously. Thank you guys so much! They are what got me through the holiday, with a few tears (don’t tell anyone). But still, it was good—thank you.


On Christmas morning we went to see this family who lives in Ocorro. Ocorro is this pueblo outside of Pampas that has like 150 people, and that’s being generous I think. We just talked with them and they fed us lunch. We ate pachamanca. It’s potatoes and meat and corn they cook in this like brick hut thing under the ground. Yes, the meat we ate was cuye (guinea pig). Haha. It was really slippery and hard to chew. But oh well. We shared a message with them and it was good. We came back really late because the car that was coming to pick us up got lost. But yeah, that was my Christmas!! You guys made it really great—thank you!



I don’t know what is going to happen these transfers. It will be interesting to see. I think that I am going to leave. Elder Fitzgerald will probably leave because he has 4 months here and I am finishing my training. The same thing happened with Elderes Torres and Rasmussen last transfer. I hope I do. I am ready for some change. I have got to admit that I wouldn’t mind going and serving in Huánuco. I have heard a lot of good things about it as well. But who knows, the next time I email you guys I could be in a whole different place!!

I am reading the Book of Mormon and Doctrine and Covenants every day. I actually found something kind of funny. It kind of shocks me how mean God is to Joseph Smith sometimes haha. He like yells at him and publicly embarrasses him…but it’s for a good cause. It just shows that even the prophet who restored the gospel lacked some things and wasn’t perfect.

I love you guys and hope everything goes well. I will email you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment