Monday, January 12, 2015

Will Ye Rob God?!

Hey guys!! Well this week flew by for me, I don’t know about you guys. Things are going really well. On Saturday we had interviews with the mission president. He is so awesome! Seriously. He is just such a nice guy. I know that I am in this mission because of him. We talked about revelation for a little bit and he told me a story about how he almost missed marrying his wife because he wasn’t listening to the spirit too well. Haha. He is awesome.

Elder Caro is doing pretty well. He is sick to his stomach right now. He leaves in 4 weeks to go home though so that is exciting. During my interview with President Henderson, I told him that I would keep Caro on track and help him finish with honor. President really liked that and thanked me for it. He said that he is appreciative of my work with all the companions that I have had.

We have 18 missionaries in our district (2 of them are sisters). I think we are going to play soccer again as usual for Pday. I think most of the 18 will come to play. We might go eat for lunch or something too. I haven’t really gone shopping yet, but I am sure I will find a little better stuff than in good ol’ Pampas.




So the other day our church was robbed! They broke in through the roof and stole like a TV and a bunch of little things. There are some crazy people here, haha, seriously. We are teaching 2 investigators named Briar and Christian. They are doing well. We put a baptism date for the 24th of January and Cristian accepted. Briar wants to learn a little bit more. So please pray for them. I have had a lot of chances to give blessings while I have been here. They are so fun. There was this one morning that we were getting ready, and we got a knock on our door from this less active saying that his dad’s head was really hurting him. So we ran over there (half ready) and I gave him the blessing. Yesterday I saw him at church and he came up to me and gave me a big hug and said “thank you”. It was really nice.

Speaking of church, yesterday I gave a talk in sacrament meeting! It’s a little scarier with 90 people but it went well. I feel like people understood me so that is good. I spoke about how to share the gospel with families. It went well and I was happy.

Huanuco Apartment
Huanuco (Amarilis) Church Building

Right now there are a lot of parties going on. There is a tradition here with these things called “negritos”. They are people dressed up in costumes and they do like a religious dance thing. It’s cool but there are a lot of drunken people and they are pretty mean but oh well.


It’s been pretty hot here and I am seriously getting so dark. I am glad that everything is going well for you guys back home. That is all I hope for. Seriously. You guys are all so amazing. Thanks for everything. You all need to read The Book of Mormon every day!! I didn’t do it back home and I wish I would have. Seriously. Don’t get me wrong, it kind of sucks when you start, but we need the help and protection we can receive when we read it. It took me about 30 times reading it consecutively to like it. So stick with it! Keep working hard and know that I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment