Monday, February 16, 2015

It's a Boy!

After I emailed you guys last week, we played soccer again and then had a lesson later that evening. At 10:20 PM I received a phone call from Pres. Henderson asking me if I would be willing to train a new missionary. Usually he doesn't call that late to let you know that your training, but evidently he called everybody late this time, which is kind of funny. Of course I said, "Yes" and then I left that next morning to go to Huancayo. I got to the mission home and hung out/was joking around with the assistants and we ate really well. We had Pizza Hut, KFC, Popeye’s; it was amazing compared to what we have been eating. Tuesday night we sort of just sat around and waited for the next morning. Wednesday morning we met our "kids" (all the new missionaries that just got in). They are all awesome. I met another missionary from St. George. His name is Elder Cunningham and lives over by Pine View. I thought that was kind of funny. Anyway, we found out who we were going to be training. I'm going to be training Elder Tapia. He is from Argentina. He is 20 years old and the only member in his family. We got some training, watched some of "the district" and did some other things like that. After training we went out and basically contacted all day. It kind of sucked actually but it was good. Thursday morning we got up, ate some breakfast, and then hopped in a van with some other missionaries that were going back to Huánuco. We dropped his stuff off at our place and then basically went around and introduced him to everybody. The new zone leader, that took Elder Torres's place, is Elder Hardison. He is from Arizona and lives over near the Hunter's. We received a new district leader, Elder White, he's from Springville, Utah and Elder Bush, who was in my group in the CCM, is now in my zone. He's companions with Elder Pizarro. It was great to see Elder Bush; I haven't seen him for a while. Elder Tapia is doing really well and I really like him. He is my first kid and it's so cool!

New companion--Elder Tapia
My new, new pensionista--Hermana Matias
New Digs

Friday we had a meeting with an investigator, Ruth, and we had a less active member, Robbie, go with us. Saturday was the baptism of Harry, an investigator of Elder John and Elder Hardison. It went well. We had a ward activity that night and got three referrals. It's awesome! More work for me and I can't wait! That gives us nine investigators and a number of less active people that are progressing really well. It's so awesome how much we're working right now! Lincoln, John (Kidder's brother), Junior...are all doing great. This next week we should have Christian's baptism finally. It would be really awesome if he gets baptized on my birthday! We didn't have a chance to meet with him this week because his dad has had a number of problems with alcohol. Christian came to the ward activity so that was cool. 


On Sunday we had a lesson with Christian after church and it went well. Afterwards we found 4 more new investigators. It's nuts! I freaking love it! It's seriously the best. Fasting works! I have so much work to do right now; it's going to be awesome and way easy to stay busy. Things with Elder Tapia are going well. I am so happy to be training. We had a companionship inventory and he started to get emotional. He is the only member and he is so nervous to be out here. He was baptized a year and 3 months ago. I shared a scripture and he said that he felt like his whole body and mind had been cleansed! Haha, so that was pretty cool. He is a great kid! Tomorrow is going to be the first Pday in the field for my companion and so I think we are going to go to Ambo and play soccer. Well, until next week. I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment