Monday, February 22, 2016

2 Decades Down!

We had a pretty solid Pday on Monday. We played soccer and then a few games with water balloons because it was really hot. Things are going well here. I am happy. It's kind of freaking me out that I am turning 20! I'm so excited I got into BYU. That is super sweet. It's a huge answer to a lot of prayers and fasting.

Tuesday was a pretty successful day. We taught the Jorge family, that's the family that Elder Butterfield and I found that has like 11 people in it. They're doing all right. It's just kind of hard to teach them all at the same time. I think it is hard to pay attention and hear when everybody's all together. But things are going well with them. I think they're going to start progressing pretty soon. I hope they do, they're good people and they really need this gospel.

Wednesday was not very successful. We walked around A LOT. We tried contacting a lot of stuff like that, it just kind of sucked. The highlight of the day was when we went to play soccer. We were alone with the other missionaries from Monterrana, waiting for the investigators to show up before we started playing and then out of nowhere the entire Jorge family showed up! It was awesome! Diego, another investigator, also showed up so it was great.

On Thursday we had a killer day! We went to Palca with Santiago and visited Kevin and Guadalupe. Guadalupe told us a cool spiritual experience where her family was having a problem on the farm and the seeds wouldn't sprout and so her family was arguing about it, so she went to her room. She grabbed the Book of Mormon and randomly opened it. She read 3 Nephi 18:20 where it says that we should ask in prayer for things that are necessary. She said she felt super calm and she prayed for help. The next morning they went to the farm and the seeds had sprouted! We also put a baptismal date with two people from the Jorge family, Christian and Jerusalem. They accepted a date for the 26th of March. We went and visited Sergio. When we got there, there was some weird guy on his balcony. We felt a little uneasy about who was there and what was going on. When the guy finally left we went up to teach Sergio. The smell of smoke was pretty strong and Sergio wasn't real alert. We found two new investigators contacting, which was cool. We had 7 lessons that day!

Friday we went to La Oroya to do a couple of baptismal interviews. When we got back, things kind of fell through and we didn't get much accomplished.

Saturday we visited the Jorge family and Jerusalem told us a really cool spiritual experience where she prayed to see if what we were teaching is true and while she was praying, her mind went to totally white. She said she saw people all dressed in white and they were happy and a bunch of other cool things. She said that was an answer from God. We also visited Jorge, Abraham, and Adriana.



Well Hello! If you can't tell, this is the 20-year-old Will speaking; I am no longer a 19-year-old teenager. Haha. I had a pretty good birthday today. Nothing crazy happened because I didn't really tell anyone. However, Elder Calle from the office called me, which was cool, he remembered it was my birthday. President Durman and his wife also called me. Not too many people came to church today. I think they're on summer vacation or something. It sucked that none of our investigators came. My pensionista found out that it was my birthday because she fixed banana flavored pancakes with chicken for dinner tonight, which was cool and very nice of her. That was my birthday. I love you guys!





No comments:

Post a Comment