Monday, March 7, 2016

Angels Among Us!

On Pday Elders White and Whitaker came here to chill with us and we went and played soccer at this indoor place. I took off my gold chain to play and I put it in my backpack inside my shoe and while I was playing, I think somebody came over and stole it. I realized I don't have it and I cannot find it anywhere. I talked to a lot of people and the facility workers said "justo" in that moment the surveillance cameras weren't working. I must admit that I am pretty mad about it! It was an important thing to me! Any ways, we received a phone call from Elder Holmes (the office) that the zone leader conference got postponed until Wednesday because President and Sister Henderson are sick. Which means the multi zone conference got pushed back as well.

I went and asked around again on Tuesday about my gold chain. I asked to see the surveillance footage and the supervisor said that they weren't working in that one part. Maybe it fell out of my shoe but I really feel like I had it all contained in my backpack.

We went to Huancayo for our zone leader conference. The trainings were really simple but I really liked them. We had chicken sandwiches for lunch and pizza for dinner. Elder Peterson has returned. He finally was able to fly back. The elders that went and "rescued" him could not fly back though because they did not have their passports.

 Elder Calle and Elder Durante
Zone Leaders: Mendoza and Durante

Thursday we got back from Huancayo.

Friday we had our weekly planning. We have been communicating/planning with the zone leaders in La Merced about the upcoming multi zone conference/Pday this next week. It should be great. Later in the day we were walking around and ran into Jerusalem and Joanna. We stopped to talk with them and then from out of nowhere Hilario, their little brother of four years old, came up crying and throwing a fit. He always does that so we didn't pay too much attention to it. So we kept on talking and then we heard somebody yell "the baby fell!" Sure enough he fell off about a 20 foot cliff into an empty lot of dirt. But Hilario popped right up and continue to wine. I seriously have no idea how he lived. It was nuts! I felt super bad but I guess you could say there's no doubt that angels are still on the earth!

Saturday we started our day going to Palca to do some service for Guadalupe and her mom. We picked away rock on a lot so that they can build their house on. We had a bunch of members there helping us as well as Santiago. It was a good time. We started our fast, individually and as a companionship, with Santiago. It's going to be an awesome experience. Santiago also accepted a baptismal date for the 19th of March. He was planning on getting baptized in December because he wanted to pay off some debts but we decided to fast with him and even before we started the fast he told us that he wanted to be baptized.

Sunday we had all of the missionaries in the zone with us because we will be traveling to La Merced at 6:00 in the morning to get there for Internet time to write our letters etc. We will be staying at Henry's place again. We had a good day at church. We finished our fast with Santiago and he and everybody else is excited for the baptism. Well, the next email I send you will be from La Merced. I love you all and have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment