Monday, March 28, 2016

Santiago's Baptism!

All the Elders came over for Pday. We wanted an elders Pday since the sisters had a sister Pday to the jungle. We went and played soccer at the place where I lost my gold chain. I'm super excited for dad and his new calling as Bishop! I know he's going to do great! Hermano John, a member here, took us out to dinner and he asked for dad's name and phone number. He said that he called you actually! I hope that wasn't too weird. I figured you would appreciate talking to him.


Tuesday we had a decent day of lessons. We are finding tons of new people to teach! I hope they all progress.

Wednesday we went to Palca and taught Hermana Guadalupe. We played soccer at the church with Santiago. Actually I didn't play because my feet and my knee are really hurting me. I think that since my feet have been hurting me, I haven't been able to walk correctly and that is causing my knee issue. That kind of sucks but I'm going to keep on working hard!

Thursday we had an "attack" in Junín. We headed out about 10:00 in the morning and we got back around 5:30 in the evening. It was an awesome, beautiful day! I think we really helped the elders. We found a boatload of people to teach! Their area is huge for just two missionaries. I think this is going to give them a good jumpstart for the next transfer that's coming up. We had the whole district there. The "attack" was a success!

Friday we had weekly planning. We had Santiago's last lesson before his baptism. He was really, really excited! I'm not sure if I mentioned this but it is Semana Santa (Holy Week) here. They have a lot of crazy traditions here.  There are a lot of parades, flower pictures in the street, parties,...




Saturday I completed 19 months, which is kind of crazy. We had Santiago's baptism which was an amazing experience! I bought him two ties and gave him a shirt. Hermano Yarasca baptized him. It was nice to have a member do it so they could build that relationship. I called Elder Collantes, the health missionary, and talk to him about my knee and feet. He said to wait until the changes to figure it out.

Sunday was solid! Santiago was confirmed a member, received the Aaronic Priesthood and was ordained to the office of a priest. He was super, super happy! He is stronger than most of the members here already! He helps out with service, he comes with us to lessons....now when he comes with us to lessons, it will count as a lesson with a member, since he is a member. He is already developing relationships, he's going to start blessing the sacrament and everything like that. I really do love him! It is going to be very hard if I leave. Church classes went really well also. Well, we will see how changes go. I love and miss you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment