Monday, March 9, 2015

The BoM is the bomb!

Last Pday (after I wrote you guys) we went to Yanag again and played soccer on their turf fields. Later that night we had a family night with the family Matias, not the family we live with but his brother. Tuesday was a tough day. We stayed in the room all day because my companion was sick. Wednesday wasn't much better, pretty much everyone canceled.


We have a new investigator now, his name is Johnny. He has been coming to church for a while but has never really been taught by the missionaries. He is 14 and has all the required attendance to be baptized. So we are teaching him the lessons and he has a baptismal date for March 14. We have an investigator named Anthony and he is awesome. He has a lot of sincere questions. He's a really smart kid and is really studying the Scriptures. He is really searching for answers and we had a really cool lesson with him where he was asking these really deep doctrinal questions and the spirit was really strong and I definitely felt prompted of what to talk about and what to say in response to his questions.

On Thursday I did divisions with Elder White and we taught to 6 lessons. We met with Ivan and Henry (who have been having a few issues with alcohol) and Ivan was sick. We asked him if he wanted a blessing for health and so I gave him a blessing. It wasn't until later that I found out that he was upset to his stomach because he had been drinking! Crazy!

Friday we switched back to our normal companionships. Elder Tapia is doing well. I'm learning a lot on the mission: patience, humility....a lot of things, it seems like something different every day. Everything's going to be so freaking easy when I get home. I was kind of cranky on Friday because it wasn't the best day. It started off well with our zone meeting but then we had all of our meetings fall through, our investigators weren't doing their parts, it just sucked. It's amazing how I can go from super, super happy to just ticked off. It's alright though, there's much learning and growth from it. One good thing that happened is that I finished the Book of Mormon today! I wish I would have read it more back home. I love reading it! I hope you are all reading it. I love you guys! Have a great week.

"Throwback Thursday"- La familia Monicas in Pampas

No comments:

Post a Comment