Monday, June 22, 2015

Trujillo Peru Temple Dedicated!

Monday on Pday we did absolutely nothing. My companion and I were really sick so we just stayed in bed all day and slept. Tuesday I was feeling much better but Elder Cunningham was still not feeling the best. We were informed about changes too. Elder Cunningham is getting transferred and leaving to go to Huancayo (Chilca). It's a really good area and he will be in a trio.


My new companion will be Elder Molina. He will be my third Bolivian companion. I don't know why president keeps sending them to me but it is good! Wednesday I got my new companion. Elder Molina is a really good guy and a good missionary. He has been a member since 2008. He has been out in the mission field for about 14 months. One thing that is kind of cool, I have had like eight opportunities to give blessings of health in the last two days. It's really cool to have the priesthood and be able to serve others.


Friday and Saturday were not the best of days. We did our planning, had our district meeting and things like that but we did not have any lessons. We did get to see some of the opening events for the Trujillo Peru temple dedication. Saturday was the three-year mark of when KJ died. It's kind of crazy of how fast time goes by. I thought of him a little bit today.




Sunday is Father's Day! I want to say Happy Father's Day to dad. I hope you had a great day dad! I really love and miss you! I've been thinking a lot about you today dad. Today was good; we got to watch the Trujillo Peru temple dedication at church. Elder Bednar lead it and Elder Uchtdorf was there too. It was really cool to see them set the cornerstone—La piedra angular. We found some new investigators today. I also gave a blessing to this guy who needed help overcoming alcohol. He asked me for it and he knelt down. So I gave him a blessing as he was kneeling down and it was probably one of the most powerful blessings that I have ever given. It was really cool. I really think he will have the strength to overcome this addiction. Well, I hope you all had a great week. I love you guys so much. Hasta luego!


No comments:

Post a Comment